Beginning in September, Brighter Within, Inc. be offering mentoring service to our youth who participate in our Girls Leadership Program. We will be matching at-risk youth, ages 8 to 18 with adults 18 and older, who self-identify with a diverse population, applicants will be matched up based on shared interests, and skills. Our mentors will offer a minimum one hour per week of relationship building activities; and develop relationships with our mentee’s parents/guardians.
Requirements to be a mentor include the following:
· Willing to work with a diverse population.
· Spending at least 6 hours a month with your mentee
· One school year commitment
· Reliable transportation
· Meeting with your mentee at least one hour per week
· Attending Mentor Training- 2 hours
· A required background check
· Female, 18+
· Turning in Monthly Log/Activity Report
· Participate in bi-annual mentor gathering
Brighter Within, Inc. is always looking for new mentors. Our goal is to bring out the “Brighter Within” in all of our participants. If you are highly motivated, and willing to empower our youth to be the best that they can be, please submit the form below.
For additional information, please complete the form below.